Search This Blog

Sunday, June 26, 2011

What do I do with all these coupon inserts?

Use a sharpie to mark the date on the front of each insert.  For example, I wrote 6/26 on the 4 Smart Source and 4 Red Plum inserts that I got out of my Sunday papers.

Now you need to store your inserts.  There are 2 basic methods:  the filing method and the binder method.  The choice is yours.  Use whatever system works for you.

I use the filing method. The filing system is probably the easiest to set up and requires the least amount of time and effort to maintain.   For storing my weekly newspaper inserts, I started with an accordion file folder that I had laying around the house.  When I needed something bigger I began to use a milk crate with hanging folders that I had in my classroom.  First I label the coupon inserts with the date, and then each Sunday I just place the whole stack of inserts into a folder.  Next week I use a different folder. It’s fast, easy and requires no clipping.


Some people prefer the binder method.  The binder method takes a little more time to set up and maintain each week, but planning and gathering your coupons for a shopping trip is much faster.  Coupons are organized by category instead of date and it is portable, which means you can take all your coupons with you each time you go to the store.  If you want to try this method you will need a large zippered binder with lots of clear 9-pocket “baseball card” sheets and dividers for each section of coupons.


What type of system to you use and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment